What’s the biggest lie you’ve ever been told about traveling?


What’s the biggest lie you’ve ever been told about traveling? 

For me, it was believing that *I could see it all.* I really believed it, too. 

I thought: 
💰I would possess a dream job that paid me to travel. It’s totally plausible, but highly unlikely and quite frankly unstable. I couldn’t take the risk to “travel blog” as a means of living. 
 ✈️I would have visited 30+ countries by now. Again, totally plausible, but I don’t think my bank account would have survived. 
📸I would have fallen in love with the exotic. This is the biggie. Thankfully, I’m flexible and realistic, but there were times I was disappointed because the “photo-worthy” pictures did not match the reality.

🤦🏻‍♀️Now, I look back and laugh, because it was all just so ludicrous! 

Today, I’m proud to say: 
🗺I have traveled to 17 countries and have been grateful to spend a majority of my time abroad with family and friends. I’m not exaggerating when I say all of my time spent with them has been memorable. It doesn’t matter “how many” countries. 
💡Traveling has given me various opportunities to learn. I’ve said it multiple times on here: interacting with others has opened my eyes to understanding and respect that is lacking in this world. 
🗽Above all, traveling provides a new perspective on my life. I appreciate what I have at home, and I appreciate the experiences and lessons I’ve learned. 

Don’t forget to drop the biggest lie you’ve ever been told about the travel industry below! ⬇️ 

Image description: Allison is holding up one of the @scratchmapbyluckies scratch maps.

Comments

Popular Posts