Finding Your Place in the World

Why have I been posting this content for the last few weeks? 

Easy answer: I love it! 

When someone asks an artist, doctor, engineer or any other profession why they love doing what they do, the answer above remains the same. However, in our society, the reasons behind the “love” vary. It could be curiosity. It could be freedom of expression and creativity. It could be money. 

So why do I love the topics of interpersonal communication, intercultural communication, cross-cultural communication, culture, and the like? It’s because I love meeting new people and learning about how awesome they are. I love making connections and discovering our similarities and differences. Ultimately, what can I learn about this person? What can I learn that opens my mind? I may not agree; hell maybe it’s not actually that interesting, but I’m glad I had the opportunity. I always loved travel, foreign films and different cuisines, but it wasn’t until I studied abroad that I truly realized it’s communicating with people left the biggest impression. 

This is just a taste of what’s to come, and I hope you’re enjoying the ride! Please let me know if you’re enjoying it! 

Image description: Allison is holding up a photo from a gala that she attended with her friends during study abroad. 10 countries are represented in the photo!

Comments

Popular Posts