What in the world is this?

Presenting my blog: the thing that everyone is doing, and that I said I would never do. Can it fit my life? Would anyone be interested in reading? What do I have to say that can make a difference?
And, why start now? Have I missed the boat?

Well, I don't think I missed any boat. (And if I did, it was probably the one down the river Styx.) This blog was created as a response to an immediate need: presence. I have consciously chosen to not be present on the World Wide Web for many years, and for many reasons. It was partially based on the fact I didn't want employers (or prospective employers) to judge my work, or me as a person. I also thought: what difference could I make? There's a million voices out there, and how in the world could mine be unique?
With that said, my voice is unique. There's many subjects that I would love to explore, comment and bring to the forefront. What better place than a blog? Hopefully, and thinking into the not-immediate future, I could use this space into a larger project such as a Ph.D. or other publishing opportunities. This way, I could make an even bigger difference.

My life, since graduating from my Master's program, has taken a turn. Reality set in. I was charged with finding my future- i.e. a job, a steady income and setting roots. It wasn't easy. I was working in a company of no interest, underpaid (with no benefits), mounting student loan debt and basically "stuck" in the one place that I so desperately dreamt of escaping. After two years of this personal hell and many job rejections, I finally received an offer for full-time employment. Things got better, and I begun to settle in a routine life. I didn't have to stress. But while I recognize and appreciate my current financial stability, there's still missing pieces. Now is the time to find these pieces.

I have a voice. I have a passionate voice. I'm not turning the boat around. Please allow me this presence.

Happy exploring!
Photo: My shadow legs with a plea for acceptance on the Hollyridge Trail, leading to a popular viewpoint of the Hollywood Sign in Hollywood Hills, Los Angeles, CA. September 2016.


Comments

Popular Posts