Starting a Podcast? Tips


Things I wish I knew before starting a podcast: 
🤦🏻‍♀️ Complete a recording and editing test run (or two or three)! While I tested recording and having a setup ready, I desperately needed a better system down for editing. I was severely unprepared when it came time to edit the videos which is why they took so damn long to release!
🙅🏻‍♀️ Clean up the look! I wanted to be casual, but I was taking it a bit too casual in my first videos (t-shirts, messy hair, no bra 😱). 
🤷🏻‍♀️ Know your worth! I didn’t call my podcast a “podcast” for over a year. I felt it wasn’t to “podcast standards”; to me, it was a ~simple interview series.~ You need to OWN THAT SH*T. And promote it as such! 

Image description: Allison is taking a selfie with a microphone in the foreground.

Comments

Popular Posts