Untitled "Passion Project"

UPDATE: As of Oct 21, the name of the project is "Making It Here and There."

When I started this blog, one of the elements I wanted to include on here was talking to people and their experiences in intercultural communication. I thought about all of my friends- those I've connected with at home and abroad, and where they are currently in their lives:

Where are they living?
Where are they working?
What are they doing for work?
Do they travel often for work?
Did they relocate?
Are they using a second language?
Do they communicate often in international and/or intercultural settings?
What projects are they working on?
And so on...

At first, I thought about sending them a few questions to answer. But then I realized that, in order to conduct insightful interviews, I would have to create a project that had intent. Instead of just randomly sending out questionnaires, I should have a purpose and method to discuss their experiences. That's when my passion project really started.

The purpose of this project: to discuss ways in which people are using communication- across borders and across cultures- to achieve understanding, learning and overall consciousness of the world around us. These individuals’ works will be highlighted as a result of the interviews.

Interviews will be conducted via Skype recording. I am currently working on learning how to record on Skype and create screens that look professional and clean. I also have no idea how to edit videos on my computer. There will be a small narrated introduction (by me) on the interviewee, a series of questions/discussion and a showcase of current projects. I plan on keeping "updates" or "check-ins" on new work and progression.

What do you think? I am pretty nervous about the whole thing especially conducting the interviews. I'm hoping to nail down this Skype recording piece, and next, I'll need to quickly learn to edit videos.

If you have any thoughts, I'd love to hear them. And if you are a good candidate to be interviewed, let me know too. I think everyone on this planet could have something to contribute, and I would love to hear what you have to say.

Comments

Popular Posts